Next to email, the telephone is one of the most important tools for business communications. The transition to digital computer technology has revolutionized nearly all aspects of business. Now the digital age has come to telephone communications as well.
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from switching to an Internet Telephone service, known as VoIP service. VoIP is an acronym for Voice over Internet Protocol; a technology used for making telephone calls over high speed broadband Internet connections instead of traditional telephone lines.
Why Should I Switch to VoIP?
Internet telephone service has several advantages over traditional telephone service.
- Competition among VoIP providers keeps rates low.
- VoIP service offers cheaper rates on long distance and international calls. For example, Sling Broadband’s Business Voice plans offer unlimited local and long distance calling for one low per-line rate.
- If you are already paying for broadband Internet, you can dramatically reduce expenses by switching to Internet telephone service and eliminating or reducing your traditional telephone service.
- VoIP service plans include many advanced features that often cost extra from the telephone company.
- VoIP services allow businesses to have a feature-rich advanced PBX (call-routing) system without a large investment in equipment and maintenance.
Things to Consider When Choosing a VoIP System
- VoIP telephone service is dependent upon the quality and speed of your broadband Internet connection. In the Miami, Palm Beach and Broward county area, Sling Broadband provides high-speed broadband using their own network designed especially for business, and they offer a 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- VoIP services are most cost-effective if you make a lot of long-distance and/or international calls.
Sling Broadband offers unlimited local and long-distance VoIP service calling plans.
- Consider the number of users and features wanted for your business phone system. Smaller businesses may find a hosted PBX to be more cost-effective than purchasing and maintaining their own system. With Sling Broadband’s Managed PBX plan, businesses pay only one low per-line rate.
- Compare the cost of a VoIP telephone service plan versus what you are currently paying for standard telephone service. Most providers offer a range of plans to fit any size of business.
- Consider keeping one conventional landline in case of power outages or emergencies. Internet telephones require electricity to function and some systems are not interfaced with 9-1-1 emergency services.
Sling Broadband offers cost-effective, full-featured telephone service exclusively tailored for businesses. It is one of the largest and fastest growing business VoIP providers in South Florida, serving companies throughout Miami, Palm Beach and Broward counties.
Determine your company’s needs and what you currently spend on telephone service; then, speak with a Sling Broadband representative to learn how you can get a better, simpler, more affordable business telephone system.